It’s time to celebrate! If you’re an NAA member, you can now log into your membership dashboard and check out a complete cycle of info-packed file cards that fit perfectly into the sleek acrylic file box you received when you joined the NAA. What’s a ‘complete cycle,’ you ask? It’s a trip through all 10 categories that form the core of Nutritional Aesthetics® knowledge— we outline them for you below. But here’s the thing: even though we’ve cycled through each of these categories once, delivering you multiple file card resources within each topic, we’ve barely chipped away at the immense body of skin health information that’s out there. We’re just getting warmed up. And we hope you’re as excited for round two as we are; current members will receive the next quarterly pack of NAA file cards in a few short weeks.
For those of you who have yet to experience our NAA file cards, and for those who just want to know more about the foundation of Nutritional Aesthetics, check out our overview of the pillars of our integrative approach to skin health, ahead.
Nutritional Aesthetics® Pillars
- NAA in Practice. From social media best practices to case studies, this is the essential knowledge for Nutritional Aesthetics-focused coaches and aestheticians.
- Gut Microbiome. This developing body of knowledge examines the influence of digestion and the microbiome on skin health.
- Nutrition Basics. Nutrition directly influences skin health, and here we explore those specific connections and the evolving body of evidence that supports it.
- Skin Anatomy & Physiology. To understand the skin’s behavior, it’s essential to know it inside and out; we take a magnifying glass to the layers of the skin to deepen your knowledge of its structure and function.
- NAA Integrative Approaches. Ayurveda, Chinese medicine, reiki and herbalism—the list of influences on Nutritional Aesthetics are many, and we explore them here.
- Emotions & Mindset Matter. In this category we explore the powerful connection between emotions, thoughts, and our skin health.
- Products, Ingredients & Treatments. What goes on your skin goes in your body; here we look at the topical and internal influence of products and the treatments that deliver them.
- Stress & Your Skin. Stress, in its many forms, affects the skin and its behavior, and in this category we break down those connections.
- Hormones & Skin Health. Hormones play a big role in glowing skin, so this is a topic that we love exploring, for women and men alike.
- Lifestyle Practices. Sleep, exercise, your environment— here we look at the lifestyle influences on skin health.
What’s ahead for the NAA file box?
In future NAA file card deliveries, look for a new symbol that tells you that a card is ‘client-approved.’ These cards are tailor-made to hand out to your coaching and aesthetics clientele!
Not an NAA member yet? Check out the details on membership and its many perks, including the NAA file box and other Nutritional Aesthetics-related educational resources, here.